Friday, January 08, 2010

Friday

Today's title needs no more than to just say the day and nearly everyone around the globe gets it.  The only people who won't or can't are those who flit through life w/o a care of what day it is and those who work funky shifts and Friday is not the end of their work week.  I'd love to be a 'flitter' and feel for those of you who work the funky shifts.  I love Friday at 5pm... It's the most liberating time of the week next to Saturday morning when you really do have a choice about what time to get out of bed. 

Happy belated Birthday to Jessica - yesterday!  Happy Birthday to Sharon today - Elvis' and David Bowie's birthday as well.  Rock on!

The coffee tastes good today.  Nice, hot, rich... and not too strong.  It's a beautiful morning here - bright blue skies and a great sunrise.  It's a bit deceiving though because it is about 4 degrees outside... but I found another website that said it was -3 degrees, so let's figure somewhere between there.  It is supposed to be a balmy 30 degrees today but when it's this cold, it's hard for the air to really warm up, so that might be pushing it.  However - the weekend is supposed to be 30's to 40's and maybe a 50 by Sunday or Monday!  Woo hoo!  I grew up in San Diego and getting excited about 50 degrees is an odd thing because there, it's actually not a good thing.  It's cold! 

Well, I have some work to do today - I've actually been working a bit.  I have meetings and I will hopefully hear some good news from Donald today and then I'm off to Denver after work to meet up with Sharon and some of her friends and help her celebrate her birthday.  Ah to be the old one in the crowd... good thing I bought a neon green shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment