Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I need a different flavor of coffee...

I've been buying Eight o'Clock coffee lately partly because it's cheap and for a while tasted pretty good.   Lately, though, it's just not doing it for me.  There is an aftertaste and the aroma just isn't what it used to be.  I don't blame the coffee, though.  I think it's just me and I need something different.  My mom's coffee is usually pretty good and Susan has pretty good coffee, too, so I think I'll try one of their brands and put my other stuff in the cupboard to wait until I need to try something different again. 

Right now, my child and my husband are in the kitchen making their dinners, both of which are different.  Christian is heating up some frozen potstickers, which he loves, and Donald is heating up some homemade veggie beef soup I made on Sunday.  It is pretty good soup, too.  Me - I think I'll make myself a sandwich.  I am not quite hungry yet, so we'll see later.  It's a good night.  We're all chatting, enjoying each other's company, no stress, no tension, no serious discussions and I am listening to the men talk smack in the kitchen.  It is nice.  We're planning on watching the DVR'd Chuck episodes, Iron Chef Super Chef and anything else we have recorded and have time to watch tonight. 

Not a super deep post, no venting, no beautiful thoughts but thought I'd share it's a good family night. Hope you have one, too.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's more than the coffee. You're looking for many changes. When the right step is made, then even your coffee will taste just fine. I love you, sweetie. Mom

    ReplyDelete