Saturday, January 16, 2010

Arizona here we come...

Donald got the job at Insight so we are eventually moving to the Phoenix area. Right now we are in the very early stages of planning, packing and easing into the discussions with Christian and Ron.  Donald's start date is Feb 8, so we've got three weeks to get the basement packed (the collection) and as much of other things we can get packed up or sorted out to put into a POD and moved down to AZ.  Donald needs to work out if he's staying with his folks and for how long.  Insight is located in Tempe, which is about 45 minutes in traffic from his folks house, so it really depends on how long he can handle that commute and our financial flexibility for him to rent an apt.  We'll most likely pack enough furniture in the POD for him to get an unfurnished apartment close to work.  Once we can get the house sold, then I'll be moving down to AZ...that's the plan anyhow, so if anything changes, I'll let you know.

We're excited... it is going to be a good change but making the change happen is going to be a lot of work, physically, financially and emotionally, so we appreciate everyone's support, no matter what.  Nothing is certain with regards to Christian, so once we know what's going to happen, we'll let you know but for right now I'm going to keep it pretty much quiet and hope you understand. Same with my job - some of that is still up in the air for us, so for now I'm going to continue to work. 

We were packing some of the basement today - boy does he have a lot of stuff!  But I think that if we both work together these next three weeks before he leaves, we can get a lot, if not all, of it packed.  Wish us luck!  I'll try to keep everyone posted on new updates. 

Watching the Indy game and tomorrow the Charger game (Go Chargers!!!) and I've got Monday off (yeah!) so this is it for now.  Happy weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment