Figured I would start this post out with my typical greeting to everyone. I love the word "Hola." It just seems so much more friendly and lively than "Hi" and definitely less formal than "Hello."
I've not posted in a while, as you have I'm sure noticed... I've had a cold and with trying to suffer through it (I'm not a good patient) and working, I haven't felt much like posting. I think I'm finally at the last stages where now I just have the stuffy nose and the occasional cough for a few more days. After I finish this post I'm making blueberry pancakes for my honey and me - he's been a great caretaker for me and definitely earned them.
In between the sneezes, coughs and colds, Donald has been packing up the basement and I can honestly say his basement was so much like an iceberg it's not even funny. There was all the stuff you could see (and even that was overwhelming to the senses) but then there was the stuff he had packed away in rubbermaid type tubs in the crawl space under the house. That is the iceberg under the water stuff. HOLY MOLY! I just didn't know or maybe I didn't want to know that there was that much in there. The decision was made to try to get all of the toys and such that were in the tubs transferred into boxes for the mere fact that the boxes were going to be easier to pack into the moving container to move to AZ. Tubs have handles and rounded bottoms and aren't quite as symmetrical as a square box so the potential for wasted space was great and we wanted to avoid that. I just was not prepared for how much stuff he had in all of those tubs. We're going to need a big POD - he's already packed over 100 boxes but I will say a small portion of that count are repacked items in their original boxes. Trust me though, there are still A LOT of packed moving boxes. Yes.. it will be insured.
As part of our moving discussions and attempt to get the basement packed and anything else in the house packed or removed or whatever while Donald is still here, we decided to sell the living room couch/chair set. Got a buyer the first day we posted the ad and she paid cash. Unfortunately, she couldn't take delivery right away, but we understood... she was closing on her first home this coming Tuesday, so we figure we can hold it for a little bit. We put the furniture set aside and under plastic so now we can go buy smaller furniture to put in our living room and help us to stage the house so it may sell more quickly. The old furniture was big, bulky and hard to fit in the living room without looking big and bulky - if you were wondering why we were selling it and then buying new.
No real updates as to the move or anything else here. We're still figuring out what will happen with Christian. Of course I want him to move with us and I'm going to take him on a weekend trip, maybe a couple of them, to AZ so we can look at schools and such and he can get a good idea of what it will be like. AZ better put on a good showing because I can't imagine him not being with us so cross your fingers and say your prayers. No matter what happens, though, he will finish out the school year here.
Well.... I better go make those pancakes. Don't forget to holler at me via email or comment on the blog... I would love to hear from you, even a one-liner!
Hola Jeannie!
ReplyDeleteI have been meaning to post for awhile, and I am just now finally getting around to it! I think your blog is a great idea, and I have added a shortcut to my desktop to remember to check it from time to time. I appreciate the updates on all the exciting changes going on in Colorado Springs!
Speaking of which - I was very happy to hear that Donald found a great job in Tempe! I'm sure it has been difficult for all of you these past several months, and I hope that the thought of "seeing the light at the end of the tunnel" with your own stressful job situation at HP gives you some comfort during these times of change... For my own selfish part, I am very happy to know that my trips to Arizona to visit Mom and Dad in Peoria can now also include side trips to visit Donald and Jeannie in Tempe. Woohoo! :)
Anyway, keep up the good work, and keep up your spirits - don't forget to laugh! :) It's funny how you mention about all the Star Wars stuff in the basement... Mark and I watched a "riffed" version of Return of the Jedi last night (which is basically the real movie with a voice-over of some comedians poking fun at what's happening on screen). If only Donald could see it/hear it, he MIGHT realize how goofy this movie really was, which in turn MIGHT lead him to sell all of his Star Wars stuff, which in turn MIGHT solve all of your storage problems!!! Alrighty then, I'll send the DVD ASAP. hahaha ;)
Take care of yourself, and all the best to you, Donald, and Christian.
Steven
Hehe... Thanks, Steven! I seriously doubt that any DVD can sway Donald but send it on over! FYI - he did decide to take all the stuff designated as "for sale" to the local eBay store and they will sell it for him. It was a hard decision for him but he feels it is a good thing to do. Hopefully it will ALL sell as I don't relish having any of it given back to us.
ReplyDelete