We're still in the midst of packing and sorting and pitching and selling and donating stuff... lots of stuff. However, the basement is packed. Completely. 100% of the basement is packed. Really. It's amazing and a lot of boxes. And we have big Sterilite bins sitting around the house for the donations that need to be bagged, boxes in just about every room but the kitchen and that's getting packed up somewhat tonight.
This weekend is going to be interesting. We have someone picking up the living room furniture and a dresser that we sold on Saturday morning, the POD being delivered Friday afternoon, friends and family are coming over Saturday to help us load the POD and more packing needs to be done. Very soon I am certain we will have some order to this chaos.
With all of this I am still excited to be making the move. There is so much to be done, decided, unknowns about where we will live, when will our house sell, and many more but I am still excited to be making this change. I am looking forward to being near my family again. I am looking forward to exploring Phoenix and seeing the Grand Canyon and visiting my family in San Diego. Yes... the heat will be awful, but don't most places have some sort of drawback? Hopefully we will buy a house with a pool and a must-have is air conditioning, of course, to help us keep cool. Perhaps I will find a great fish market and enjoy farmer's markets more often throughout the year. There can be advantages to not living in the mountains and I'm anxious to find them.
Shouts out to Jeanette, who is celebrating her birthday today; Congratulations to Annette, who has another grandchild and Donald who has really been working so hard to get as much done before he leaves.
No comments:
Post a Comment