Friday, February 26, 2010

Out with a bang... or rather a crash

My last day at HP was supposed to be enjoyable.  A final call to transfer cases and answer questions and then I was to be off to the HP campus to ship off the work notebook and any extra documents I had laying around, turn in the badge and then I was done.  Free to go about my business of getting my family moved by next weekend, have lunch w/my mom and pretty much do whatever my little heart desired.  Karma, being the hateful bitch that she is, had a different plan...

The morning was not too much fun driving on the icy streets to get Christian to school.  I am so tired of the snow...  Anyhow, I got home and my morning pretty much played out as I thought it would.  Once I was done w/my call I packed up the notebook and headed on my way to HP.  I didn't think I was being too cocky or gloating too much or even feeling too happy but Karma is a bitch and she felt I needed to be put in my place... by having my car rear-ended.  Yup... smack, smash, crash - the rear-end of my poor little car is pushed in as though punched by the Incredible Hulk.  The trunk is pushed up a bit and gaps but it still latches and thank heavens nothing happened to the laptop, which was in the trunk.  I hate to think of what I'd have to go through if that darned thing had been damaged. 

I'm fine, no injuries or apparent whiplash, but I just didn't need this on top of everything else and so I concede to Karma... I get it.  Balance is important and since everything has been working out well and seemingly falling into place, a little chaos, a shake up or a wake up call or whatever you want to call it apparently was needed.   I am still a little shook up but not as much as I was earlier... Thank God for the great waitress at the Village Inn and her complimentary slice of chocolate pie! 

I will say, though, that the guy who hit me was very nice, has great insurance and he called them before I got a chance to and due to their great customer service and pity for my situation, my car is currently at the body shop, I have a pretty red rental car and I'm home trying to relax and think about all of the things we need to do this weekend and next week.  Now just to hope that the body shop can indeed get my car fixed and ready to go by 5:30pm next Friday.

What a day...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are ok - that's the main thing!!! And as for Karma, perhaps she was just trying to give you a little push, a gentle nudge forward, if you will... closer to your dream of saying goodbye to HP and saying hello to your new career and new life in AZ! :)

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a bit of annoyance, a small waste of your time, and a few bumps and bruises for your car. Otherwise, God, not Karma, saved your butt - and your notebook, from any major physical harm. Count your blessings, my sweet niece. You and your husband have new jobs, and a fresh new start for the new year. Love and hugs. Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - if I could only tell how many moving adventures we've had...fender benders, electric shocks, separations in caravans (pre-cellphone days), lost pets, and forgetful packing. That being said, I'm very glad and quite relieved that you're ok! ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete