Friday, April 30, 2010

Do gooder

It was a good day... It was Friday, it's the end of the month so I always think it's payday but actually that was last Friday and I got in a little volunteer work.  Not bad for a Friday I say. 

Donald and I volunteered at an American Express sponsored event held at the Special Olympics Arizona Games and it was actually a lot of fun and felt pretty darned good.  It's been a gorgeous day with sunny skies and mild temps and it is such a good cause.  We helped serve up lemonade and clean up empty plates and trash and still got a little dinner and dessert! 

Yup... it was a good day to do some "do-gooding" and wind up the week. 

An update for all of you who read the last post and are concerned - Thank you... I appreciate your thoughts.  We are doing fine and dealing with the situation as best we can.  I haven't given up hope but for now it's easier to just accept what has happened and move forward and do what needs to be done.  It's easier on Christian because he still needs me to be his mom and I know the decision wasn't easy for him to make.  So... I am not depressed.  I am disappointed and I miss my son very, very much.  But I will get to see him soon for the summer and we'll be a family again for a little while.  For now, I'll still be "Mom" and call and harass him about school and his friends and giggle together while I drive home in my long-ass commute. 

 Off to do some house hunting... ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Special Olympics is a great cause, and volunteering can be very uplifting and therapeutic. Good for you!

    I haven't checked the blog in a while before today... but rest assured you are all in our thoughts and prayers as you go through these difficult changes...

    Good luck with the house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Steven. The blog has been therapeutic to vent and get thoughts out, whether or not they are rambling or organized. American Express has an internal site where we can find local volunteer events, so I am going to check it regularly!

    ReplyDelete