Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Busier than a one armed paper hanger in the wind

You know, if you stop to think about it, in less than six months we've:
  • taken jobs in Phoenix
  • moved to Phoenix 
  • had our furniture & belongings moved to Phoenix
  • sold our house
  • made a trip to Colorado Springs to close on our house
  • my car got clipped on the interstate
  • my car had an intake manifold gasket replaced
  • I had a root canal and got a new crown 
  • we went to an Eagles' concert (totally awesome!)
  • made an offer on a house
Yup, in the true spirit of this adventure of ours down here in Arizona, we've added another item to our activity list - buying a house.


Frankly I think that's quite a bit of activity for such a short period of time, so if the house process goes through I would love to have a nice, lazy, boring summer!  Of course I still want to do some gardening and buy a new car but I think I can space that out a bit (if I can nurse the car along for a few more months). 

The house is nice, clean, recently updated throughout with new carpet, tile flooring, paint, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, kitchen appliances, granite kitchen counters, sod in the front and back yards and I'm sure there are more little things to mention.  The house is a "flip" - it was purchased at auction in January and the new owner has invested quite a bit into getting it into its current state.  It has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, two car garage, a pool and is in a nice neighborhood (even with no HOA).

We're pre-approved with a lender and are waiting to hear if the offer was accepted so cross our fingers but I'll keep with what I've always done:  If it's meant to be, then it will happen.

Keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment