Monday, June 14, 2010

We're home

We are moved in although not everything is put away.  In fact there quite a bit that needs to be put away, but it is more a matter of finding out where to put things and prepping (cleaning, contact paper, etc).  We have a family room now, so we pretty much decided that it will be where the gaming consoles, futon and Donald's black massage chair will go.  There is a fireplace in there as well, so it really lends to the casual atmosphere.  The living room is where the sofa and some of the nicer tables will go as well as the new big screen tv (to be purchased).  The family room will have the smaller tv for gaming. 

The kitchen is awesome.  It has more room than I've ever had in a kitchen and I still have a couple of drawers and cabinets empty!  Give me time, I'll figure out what to put in them!  It has a great kitchen window that looks over the backyard and gets great sun.  I put some basil and flowers on a small stand in the window and they look so nice.  Granite countertops are pretty nice, too!

We are getting used to the rest of the house as we slowly put things away and arrange things as we like them.  We've already been in the pool a few times and need to learn the maintenance of it and get a few things fixed.  It's so nice to take a little dip in the pool after work, especially as the temps get hotter.

 We anticipate a few guests next month for the 4th of July and we are hoping to do a bbq/pool party! 

Better find dinner... we programmed the sprinklers, took a dip in the pool (actually the guys played around with the water guns in the pool for about an hour!), took out the recycling, put out the ant powder (little guys that bite!) and put in a load of laundry in the new washer but we just didn't get around to dinner!

I'll post some pics after we get more organized and settled in.  For now, picture me smiling because I'm pretty happy.  I love our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment