Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Housebound....

Just a little update to keep everyone up to speed on the happenings here in Phoenix. 

We are officially homeowners again.  I picked up the keys after work today, went into the house, turned on the electricity, looked around and then locked it back up again.  We move on Friday, but I am hoping we can find the time to go over to the house tomorrow after work to take a few things over. 

Mom has officially moved into the apartment and we are still trying to get a few more things packed and over to storage or at least organized enough for the movers to load everything into the truck.  We'll have two trucks; one will load up nothing but stuff in the storage units and the other truck will get apartment items and then finish up with what is left at storage. 

Gluten free diet is still going well but the trip to San Diego wasn't good for it.  I tried to eat gluten free but forgot that hollandaise sauce has a flour base, so all of the breakfasts I ate with hollandaise just wreaked my stomach. :(   I am trying to eat healthy, no gluten but it's been somewhat of a challenge to find things to eat and make things, so figure I'll stick to it as long as I can but if I need to 'cheat', I can find a smarter way to do so.  I had some pizza the other night with a super thin whole grain pizza crust, cheese and pepperoni but I only ate a couple of pieces (they were little squares, Chicago style) and didn't do the beer and felt fine.  I still have a little ways to go to lose more weight but I'm feeling so much more healthy and that's really important while we try to manage the move.

Christian is here and it's sooooo nice to have him close by again.  He spent a few days in Tucson with my dad so I really have only spent the time we had in San Diego with him.  It will be nice to be moved into the house and hanging out at 'home' again and enjoying the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment