Friday, July 30, 2010

Nothing like a little change

I like change, most times.  This time I like it but the reasons behind it are not very pleasant so I'll skip the reasons but share the change.  Due to unforeseen family issues up in Colorado Springs, Christian is staying here in Phoenix with us for now.  He is registered at the high school for our area, Shadow Mountain High School, and pretty excited about starting 10th grade.  I'm sure it's more about the introduction to the pretty girls, but he was pretty keen on the Psychology class, so who knows...

He and I went up to Colorado Springs last weekend so he could visit with Ron and see Kay and his sister Alex and I got so see my friends.  It was a nice weekend and cooler temps for a little break from the heat. 

Now we're gearing up for the start of school on August 16th and have to get some school supplies and pay the fees for his classes... Yup... fees.  Nothing is free anymore, including public education.  He needs to pay fees for the photography class and the lab fees for his chemistry class and Lord knows what else.  If he wants a locker, he'll need to shell out a rental fee for the year.  If he gets his drivers license next year and wants to park in the parking lot at school, he'll need to shell out $180 for the parking permit... yeah... I don't see that happening! 

Not much else going on other than getting settled in and adjusting to the change... which isn't really much of an adjustment but more like a shift in focus.  So for now, we're going to deal with the heat by playing in the pool and we'll hang out with the family more often (which is really nice) and see how Christian does at the new school.  And we'll give the driving lessons a try and see how we do... Look out Phoenix!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment