Wednesday, January 05, 2011

... and 39 hours later...

Yup... 39 hours.  No fooling... I counted each and every one of those hours and the number of trips to and from the hospital, starting on January 3rd, before they would admit me.  I'm sure it was the look of sheer exhaustion on my face but it could have been the look of "don't-you-even-think-about-telling-me-I'm-not-dilated-enough" the nurse saw that convinced her to admit me.  Heck, it could have been that panic stricken look on Ron's face as well when they told me I was just under three centimeters and there might be a chance we'd have to go home...again... for the third stinking time.  Luckily, for everyone of course, they did admit me and gave me something to dull the pain and help me sleep.  That was early morning on the 5th of January in 1995 and later that day my beautiful, wonderful, amazing baby boy with the very round head (yup...round...very round) was born, screaming and hollering for all the world to hear. 

Fast forward 16 years to today and I'm still amazed, he's still beautiful and wonderful and he can still scream for all the world to hear.  His head isn't as round as it was then, though, thank goodness. :)  We've done so much together, my boy and I, and I've given every ounce of who I am to make sure he's turned out to be the person he is now.  He's been surrounded by so much love from family and friends all his life and I am so proud of the man he is becoming.  I truly look forward to the coming years and milestones and yes, I'll cry at each and every one of them.  I have so far, so why stop the trend, right?

Happy Birthday, Christian.  I love you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment