Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

Wow... one whole year and as I previously posted on Christmas Eve...what a year! So much has happened this year I can't always match the events with the year. I don't really want to go through the list again, but holy freaking cow we've been busy!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, enjoyed lots of good family time and relished the goodies that are always aplenty. I know I made some very yummy gluten free (and also not-so-gluten-free) goodies for everyone to enjoy. My favorite yummies were the gluten-free molasses cookies and a nut/cranberry/chocolate snack mix that was just way too addicting! If you ever come out to visit, I'll gladly make some if you ask!  We had a house full of family and although a bit of the stress got to me, I really did enjoy spending the time with my family. 

As you all know, I've been living a mostly gluten-free life for the past nine months but this year, it will be a completely gluten-free life. There is no compromise I've discovered, much to my discomfort. So this year I will endeavor to eat entirely gluten-free food. Armed with my new kitchen scale and gluten-free cookbooks, I will try to master the art of gluten-free bread and other baked goods. Those are the foods I miss the most so I hope to start filling my diet with wonderful gluten-free baked goods, especially bread, made with my own two hands and my desire not to spend $6-7 on a loaf of bread!!!

The end to 2010 has been very enjoyable. My Aunt Dottie flew in to spend a nice long weekend with us, Christian came home from Colorado and I bought a new car...finally. I bought a 2011 Subaru 2.5X on Friday in beautiful Camelia Red with a light gray interior and a manual transmission. We got an awesome deal since it was the last day of the year and they really wanted to log the sale in 2010. Check out the pics!



What a way to end the year and start the new year, don't you think?  I'm very happy with my choice and I am excited to bond with my new car.  My old little Nissan Altima has served me so well over the last 12 years and I am very happy to pass her on to Christian after he gets his driver's license.  She is still in great shape and will be a great car to learn how to drive.  I will be sure to explain to Christian how to take care of her!
 
To all of my family and friends I truly hope for you a year for good changes and choices that bring fulfillment, happiness, joy, success and allow you to live an authentic life.  Don't forget to smell the flowers, enjoy wonderful foods, experience something new you've been afraid to try and let your friends and family know you love them...
 
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jeannie and Donald and Christian for a wonderful New Year and Birthday party. You are excellent hosts. I can't remember when I brought in the New Year with more love and happiness. I love you all and pray you all fill 2011 with your special blend of affection and joy. Keep lovin' each other. Aunt Dottie

    ReplyDelete