I've been remiss in posting a family update lately and have only focused on my own meandering thoughts, so here's a brief update:
- I have not heard about the fraud investigator job yet. I am hoping this week I will hear something. My gluten-free diet is still working well but I've also been trying to incorporate parts of the South Beach diet to see if I lose a little weight but I am not doing phase 1 completely but trying to eat more natural, unprocessed, unchemicalized foods. No additives, preservatives, natural or otherwise flavorings and it's helping. I was starting to feel much, much better but then hormones came into play and they just suck the fun out of everything. That's a to-do later this year I think.
- Christian is doing very well. His grades were a little lacking but he's been his normal self, applied a little focus and voila! Good grades again.
- Donald is doing well. Work is work and being a sales focused position, even though he doesn't actually sell product, has its stressors but it also has its perks: for a work promotion, he got to drive a Corvette for a couple of laps at Bondurante Racing School and a driver took him for a lap at 100 mph!!
- Mom is still semi-mostly-retired as her boss in Colorado is closing up his office. She'd like to get a part time job somewhere but not in a big hurry. Must be nice...
- Eric is still driving a truck and this year I think he will try to buy a house. He has a few decisions to make but I think he'll make it work. It will be good for him to have a house of his own and he's worked hard to get his credit back on track so he should be ok.
- My dad and Sharlene are working on organizing the house and it's going very well.
- My aunt Sandy and Uncle Ray are still in AZ for a couple more weeks but they are leaving Tucson this week to spend a week in Phoenix, so we'll see them this weekend for dinner.
- Jack is doing really well despite a bit of a the viral bug that's been going around here for a while. He sounds like a frog right now, but he's on antibiotics for the sinus infection and we took him some really good-cold-fighting chicken soup last night. When he's not laid up and sick (which what? never?) he's been getting his exercise, hanging out with Woodmen members, us, neighbors and planning his trips for the year.
Daddy's birthday was on Saturday - March 5 - and we had a great day down in Tucson watching an air show with jets and fighter planes and wandering around the Pima Air Museum and a wonderful lunch provided by Sandy and Ray afterwards!
My old high school friend, Shari, celebrated her birthday on March 5, too. Happy Birthday Shari!
Mom's birthday is March 15 - I think I see a casino in our future!
No comments:
Post a Comment