and boy oh boy did it come close to conquering me, but I did it! Jack, Sharon and I walked up the mountain (it's only 2330 feet so really, it's a hill, but this is Arizona so I'll give it to them) starting at 5:45am and we got there just after 8am. We got to see the beautiful cityscape of lights (it was dark when we started out) and the gorgeous sunrise on the way up. We decided to hoof it back down the mountain but I am not exactly sure why anymore. I'm sure I'll do this again next year, but I am definitely taking the bus down. We walked 5.5 miles up and 5.5 miles down for a grand total of 11 miles and I felt every bit of it. I am definitely out of shape! The 75 year old Jack left me behind in his dust!
There were thousands of people there and it was a really great thing we did, so here are a few pics of our walk. Thank you to everyone for supporting us!
No comments:
Post a Comment