Sunday, January 03, 2010

Sunday - and vacation is almost over

Today is Sunday and my two week vacation is almost over.  I've really enjoyed, honestly, not working but not for the fact that I don't like work but just don't like my job.  So I'll go back to work tomorrow - which if you don't already know - consists of waking up, putting on the coffee, walking into the home office, turning on the laptop and then I'm pretty much 'at work.'   There are perks to working from home, true, but don't think there aren't any drawbacks, either.  The biggest drawback for me is that I don't always work a true 8 hour day.  I will tend to start earlier than 8am, work later in the evening, not take a full lunch break and there have been days I have never left the house (or my pj's for that matter!).  That said, one of the perks of working from home that I do enjoy from time to time - I can make my lunch and eat it while watching tv.   Much better than any lunch room or cafeteria, I tell ya and I don't have to smell someone awful leftovers cooking in the microwave - if it smells, it's my own fault!

Today is also January 3rd and on January 3rd fifteen years ago, I went into labor with Christian.  If you are mentally going to his birthdate, which is January 5th, then yup - it was a long 39 hours that boy put me through.  I warned him I might just whop him one at about 10pm tonight.   So he can start the countdown and get a feel for the timing.  Or not... depends on if I forget, which I might.  He was worth every minute and I'd do it again, no problem.

Coffee is brewing, which Sharon made (thanks Sis!) and I think I'll leave with a parting thought for today:  My son is going to be fifteen years old in a couple of days and I can't believe how fast time has passed but it makes me think about the next fifteen years and will they, too, fly by as quickly?  I would like them to go as slow as possible so I can enjoy the moments as my son becomes a man and all too soon leaves us to make his own life.... it breaks my heart thinking of that moment... what a blubbering mess I will be - better buy stock in Kleenex!

No comments:

Post a Comment