Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not so sunny Arizona

So tonight I am spending my last night in AZ (one of only two, so not like it's been a long visit) hanging out in a hotel with my son and my hubby watching TV.  We've had a short weekend here in Tempe AZ to sign a lease on an apartment (which we did), look at different neighborhoods and some of the local high schools (did some of that, too) and to spend time together because the last two weeks were very, very, very long (did that, too). 

Last night we had a nice dinner at a local Mexican restaurant, Aunt Chilada's (get it?), which was pretty good so I think I'll go back again.  It's about a mile or less from the new apartment.   Today my dad and stepmom came up from Tucson and we had a nice lunch together.  Christian was pretty pleased to be able to see them, which helped make the weekend more vacation than all about the move. 

An update:
  • I got a new job and my last day at HP will be Feb 26.  I was offered a position with American Express as a Business Analyst.  I will be able to use my background and experience for the new job and I will NOT be doing any more investigative work.  I am ready for a change, including a change in direction for my career so this is a good move for us. My tentative start date is March 9.
  • We signed a lease on an apt not far from Donald's work, Interstate 10 and a major mall (Arizona Mills).  Amex is located on the north end of town and I've been told that although it's a bit of a drive, it's against rush hour traffic so I won't have too much traffic in my commute.  The apt is a two bed/two bath in a gated community:  http://www.missionspringsapts.com (it's the B1 floorplan).  They take pets which is a must and the apt is getting new carpet which means I shouldn't have any allergy issues from any previous pets in the place. 
  • Right now our move out of CO date is the first weekend in March.  Donald is going to book a flight home and we'll both drive back to Phx after the truck is packed.   I'm thinking of stocking up on Diet Coke and Oreos for the trip down!
  • We've had several showings on the house but I won't get feedback until Monday.  Hopefully it's good and hopefully we'll get a quick sale. 
Christian has not made his decision yet.  I'm going to see if he can come down to AZ for Spring Break and we can spend more time with him while he is here.  It is an extremely difficult decision to leave him and move down here but I still have faith that everything will work out the way it should.  He has some time yet to make a decision and we have yet to find a house and a good school...and yes, I want my son with me so I can finish raising him but I agreed to let him get all of the info and make his own decision.  He seems to be handling this as well as can be expected and he seems to be processing and waiting to make his decision. 

And as to why it's not so sunny... it's been raining all day and I'm getting ready to leave my hubby, we've been talking nearly non-stop about the move which is a constant reminder of the friends and family we are leaving behind in CO. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job Jeannie! I am also impressed with how well you are managing so many big changes at one time - you are a true champion multi-tasker! Keep up the good work! :)

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me Steven... it will hit me one day soon and it won't be pretty! Margaritas will definitely be needed at that point... lots of them! :)

    ReplyDelete