It's been a good week. Christian has been here hanging out with us, Jack, Jeanette, Steven and Sharon and of course, Abby. He also spent two nights in Tucson hanging with his Grandpa Ron where they went to the Pima Air Museum, played on the computer and literally just hung out. We've done one house showing and it was not pretty, which was really unfortunate. The house we looked at didn't seem too bad from the front, but it was just too outdated and had too many obvious issues that we just weren't willing to tackle. I was hoping the first house we looked at would be a nicer house so Christian could have an idea of the what the houses out here are like but really, they are so diverse that who knows what the house we end up with will look like.
It's been a very busy week and I think we are all tired but it was worth it. The drive to Tucson is long (about the distance to Boulder from Springs) but good to see my dad and Sharlene again, even if it was only for a few minutes and definitely worth it for them to have Christian for a couple of nights. We've had good discussions and I've really liked having my son in the house again, even if it was just for the week. I'm fairly certain he'll be back for the school year, but we're still not confirmed in the details so when we get those worked out, I'm sure I'll blog about that, too.
The job is working out fine but I'm still training and getting the hang of things, but I think it's already much better than what I've been doing for the last year and a half, from the environment and the team to the work. I do like that I get to get up and dress for work again, although it's just business casual I am on the hunt for cute tops and mores shoes! Donald's job is also working out fine and he's definitely getting into the groove of being on the reseller side of the biz. He's also resumed his classes so he's been doing his homework and trying to get through Finance and MS Access... I can help a little, so I'm sure that helps.
We also did a day trip to the Grand Canyon the day after Christian arrived with all four of us (dog included) loaded up into the Vue and enjoyed a long day together as a family. We listened to music, caught up on events, saw the amazing scenery of the South Rim at the Grand Canyon and took some cool pics. Christian was the photographer for the day and he did pretty darned good! Here are some pics for all to enjoy.
Awesome pics! I can't wait to join you all!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom