Just thoughts that have meandered and wandered through my brain the last few days. Like how I thought I could sooo handle the traffic here b/c I had learned to drive in San Diego traffic but really I don't like it one bit. So I'm looking into joining a vanpool at work which would get me into work a little early but getting out of work before 5pm isn't such a bad idea. And with the coming summer heat, I'm more than happy to give my poor little car a break and conserve the air conditioner and clutch.
Also thinking that we'll be making a trip out to San Diego in June for Tony and Marina's wedding and whether or not I'll be able to do another trip out there over the summer or in the fall. I will have about two weeks of vacation that I will have to use or lose, so might be a good idea to try to put something together.
The house is under contract and there was supposed to be the home inspection today - hope that went well. Mom IM'd me that she went there to pick up a plant and the inspector was doing a radon test. That's an awful thing to have show up positive so I really hope that it came back negative. Also thinking about how we are going to get all of our furniture from the house (plus everything else in the garage, the patio furniture and the cushions) into a storage unit down here while we are working at our new jobs and looking for a new house. I don't relish having to fly up, get another truck (bigger one this time of course), load the truck, drive the truck down here and then unload the truck into storage.... and then have to load it up again and move it when we buy a house. It's exhausting to think about!
Christian is coming down for a whole week this Saturday and I can't tell you how excited I am to see my son again! I am going to hug him and pick him up for a change! Although Donald and I have to work, I am sure we'll find ways to keep him busy and he's definitely going to love the great weather and the two pools at the complex here! There is a local park with a lake, paddle boats and ducks and picnic tables with bbq's so I hope we can make the time to go over one night and throw dogs on the grill and maybe do a paddle boat around the lake. Sharon and Steven are also coming into town next Wednesday so I think they are going to try to do something with him, too. He's going to love it here!
I think I've meandered enough for now... have a good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment