Sunday, April 11, 2010

My son

I just watched The Blind Side and I tell ya it is a good movie.  It's a feel-good movie and it made me cry and it made me really miss my son.  I try to talk to him every single day and tell him that I miss him and love him very much.  Sometimes we talk at length and sometimes we only chat for a few minutes.  I usually ask him how his day went, listen to him talk about his friends and get updates on his school work.  Sometimes we giggle and laugh at funny stories or goofy situations in life.  And I still miss him so much I can feel it in my bones and my heart aches and I just want to hold him and know he is nearby.

I hold it in my heart that he will be down here soon and we will give living down here in Phoenix as a family a good solid try.   He's willing to give up a lot to come down here for a year and give this a try so I'm going to give it my all and make it worth his while.  There are great schools down here, family for us to reconnect with and lots of things for us to do on weekends and holidays. 

I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel about Christian. I miss Michael and Tony and they live right here in San Diego. That's just how mothers feel about their children. And I think - being a mother of sons - it's especially true of sons. We just can't get enough of them. Even when we send them to their rooms we miss them, Am I right?
    Love ya kiddo, Aunt Dottie

    ReplyDelete