Getting old sucks big time... so I'm going to have to make some serious changes in order to be healthier as I get older. I'm suffering with something akin to irritable bowel syndrome right now and boy is it F-U-N.... N-O-T!! But apparently I can modify my diet and that should help some, so I'm going to try to go gluten-free for a month, including eating natural foods w/o a lot of chemicals, etc. Eric's been doing it for a long time now and he's pretty healthy and happy, with the exception of the limitations of eating out and getting fairly creative with his cooking. I figure I'll have a nice, big, updated kitchen to cook lots of great wholesome food in the new house so both Donald and I will get healthier!
The seller of the house agreed to all of the repairs so we're still on track to close on the house June 9. Mom is moving down here the 26th, I think, since she got a buyer on her place and they need her out sooner than she anticipated. She's going to move into the apartment to take over our lease so we don't have to pay out the wazoo to break the lease. Christian comes down on the 28th for the summer. It is going to be crowded for a couple of week, to say the least. I think Christian may be able to go down to Tucson to stay with my dad for a few days and we'll probably arrange to move into the new house the weekend after closing. Mom even mentioned that Eric might move into the apartment and share it with her until end of August when the lease is up. That will give them both a chance to look around for some place in town where they want to be without being too hurried.
We are headed to San Diego for Memorial Day weekend. Christian gets in at 10pm-ish on May 28, so we'll all leave bright and early to beat the heat and get into SD for breakfast! We're staying downtown and since we will be spending a lot of time in East County in June when we go back again for cousin Tony's wedding, we are going to try to spend the weekend downtown or at the beach. There is a roller coaster calling out our names at Mission Beach and lovely summer nights to stroll around downtown to relax and wind down. After all of the stress and series of events so far this year, a mini vacation sounds so nice.
Speaking of rest... I think I'll go rest a bit more so I can go shopping a little later.
I can't wait to see you all!
ReplyDeleteAunt Dottie
I have a book on how to eat Gluten-free. Remind me to give it to you when you come out. Hope the new eating plan helps you feel better. Love, Aunt Dottie
ReplyDelete