Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my stepmom, my mother-in-law, my aunts and all of my friends and other family members who are mothers.  We have the best, the worst, the hardest, the happiest and the saddest job in the world and we wouldn't have it any other way, would we?   I knew the moment I became pregnant with Christian it was my destiny to be his mother and that was my ultimate purpose in life.  I still feel that way, but I am preparing myself to let him go and be the wonderful man I know him to be.  We just need to get through the next few years so he'll graduate and go off to college.... and we can sign for his student loans.  :)

Christian did call me this morning and he did mail me a card that did get here in time for me to open it today. It was quite funny and very personal and I laughed out loud.   It helped but I still miss him so much.  In our 15 years as mother and son, this is only the second time I've missed being with him for Mother's Day.  Donald suggested that maybe next year we can fly him out for the weekend.  We'll see... I like the idea. 

Shout out to Steven - tomorrow is his birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVEN!!!

The house buying process has a few snags that will need to be addressed tomorrow.  The house inspection revealed that the two air conditioners are on their last legs; in fact one of them is pretty much dead.  There are other little things as well that we'll address with the seller on Monday but the big issue is the AC.  By law, the seller has to ensure the house has heat at the time of closing.  Not AC, just heat.  However, the AC units in this house serve as both AC and heat, so if it's not working for AC, it won't work for heat.  Soooo.... the seller has an expensive issue on his hands now and we are prepared to push for having the non working AC to be replaced and the other one repaired so that it will last a couple of more years.  We'd ultimately prefer two new AC's but doubt seriously that will happen.  If seller doesn't present an option to us that is satisfactory we can walk away from the deal.  We'll keep you posted on what happens.  We really do like the house but there are a LOT of other houses in the area that are just as nice and priced to sell. 

Yesterday we drove down to Tucson to help my dad move into a teeny little apartment.   Short story:  He and Sharlene are going to live apart for a while (TBD) so he can have some uncluttered space to breathe and she is going to work on the clutter.  He will go over to the house regularly to take care of the dogs and house maintenance and they are still the best of friends, but some space was needed.  No drama and they both know we are there for them to support them any way we can. 

So I think I'm going to shop for a new phone and plan soon.  Our current plan is set to expire mid-May so I'm thinking of getting one where I can text and do pictures so I can communicate more with people and my son.  Yup.... I'm thinking of going techno... but in a slow, entry level kinda way.  I have Sprint right now for service and I am thinking of keeping them since Christian and Donald are on Sprint (Mom is too, but her contract is up as well, so she might be changing to a prepaid plan) but I'm open to suggestions from everyone as to service providers, types, makes, models of phones.  I may or may not use the web, but give me your pros and cons. :) 

Off to get dressed to go have dinner with Donald's parents so the men can take us Moms out for dinner. 

As it should be...

Pics of some of the best moms in the world ... unfortunately I ran out of space and had no smaller pics of the rest of them!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm in some great company there! Happy Mother's Day to you and all our great Moms. See you on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Jeannie

    ReplyDelete