What a week! Busy at work, busy at home, adjusting to a new diet and spent a bundle on fixing my car. Whew!! I am ready to sleep in, I tell ya. But overall it's been a good week. I am feeling so much better since I started changing my eating habits. I think the word diet is so overused now that people hear "diet" and immediately think "lose weight fast." Actually, I am not necessarily trying to lose the weight but get healthy so I'm not dealing with awful digestive issues the rest of my life. (thanks btw Mom and Dad - love you, too!) I have to say, though, that I have lost about ten pounds and my clothes fit better AND I feel better so I'm sticking to this for as long as I can. I am sure I'll make some modifications along the way as I change my eating habits, but I feel confident they will still be good choices.
I had one guilty pleasure this week and so far, it's not killing me, except for the guilt of course! I had a Three Musketeers candy bar. I was craving chocolate, it was about 3pm at work and I was totally dragging ass... I'm telling ya I was ready to just flop my head on the desk and konk out. I'd tried the almonds, the orange and even fresh, cold water but nothing was working. I did read the ingredients and other than the chocolate fatty stuff, it didn't indicate there was any type of gluten byproduct, so I savored the sucker!
We also haven't eat out all week. We've cooked dinner every night this week, even if it was heating up leftovers. I estimate we saved about $100 bucks this week by not eating out. Wow... I think I need a new pair of shoes! :D
Donald is doing his final exams tonight. One was done while being monitored via webcam... that had to be fun (he kicked me out before he started!)... and the other he's almost finished with (no webcam). I sooo don't miss school. I think I need a few more years before I may consider a class or two. I liked school but after 6 years, I was pretty burned out. Christian started his finals for freshman year today. He said he thinks he did ok. He has more on Monday and Wednesday and then he's done and he'll be on his way down to us that Friday. I can't tell you how excited I am to see my son again. I may not let him go for a few minutes when he gets off that plane.
Well, I'm crashing, the dog has already crashed, which isn't good since she still needs a walk, and Donald is done w/his exams so I'll post something new again soon... maybe this weekend. 'Night all....
facebook friend went gluten free and she has a young family so she started a blog with recipes - just in case you run out of ideas! thecookandthecritic.wordpress.com
ReplyDeleteHugs!
R