Sunday, October 10, 2010

Susan G Komen Walk - we did it!

UPDATE - I was able to get the pics to load (good old Firefox saves the day again).  Check them out!

Today Mom, Donald and I did the 5K walk in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure.  It was a great experience and I would definitely do it again next year.  The weather was great - not hot and not cold and lots of sun.  We are pretty tuckered out but it is a great feeling to have taken part in something so special.  There were A LOT of people there... hundreds upon hundreds!  I tried to load pics but the site kept going down, so if you don't have Facebook, send me an email and I'll be more than happy to send you a couple of pics to show off!

Thank you everyone for your support... we walked today in celebration of Sharlene, my stepmother, who is a SURVIVOR!  We also walked with Jeanette (Donald's mom) in our hearts and minds as she battles lung cancer.  We'll definitely be walking the Lung Cancer Climb the Mountain next year!








1 comment:

  1. You are all awesome! Next year I might just come out and walk with you. Great job! Love, Aunt Dottie

    ReplyDelete