Thursday, June 09, 2011

Brain Drain

I was doing pretty good there for a while, blogging semi-regularly to let you all know the goings-on here in Phoenix... then I got a new job and life just kind of took over and, well... I guess I got lazy.  Sorry about that...I can't guarantee it won't happen again, but I'll try to be more semi-regular in my blog posts. 

Updates on the happenings here:
I have started my new job as a fraud investigatory and I already love it.  I knew I would, but you know how you always have that little bit of doubt?  Well, I have it, but so far... so good. 

Donald and I joined a gym and we're getting into a regular schedule to going to work out.  No weight loss yet (at least not for me) but we're hoping the weight and the workouts will meet one day soon. 

Christian has gone up to Colorado for the summer.  I miss him terribly.  I had a staggering thought yesterday when I was thinking of him, too.  He's sixteen and the same as as Eric was when he and Michael had their "summer of fun" of Eric driving them both around in Michael's dad's little convertible Fiat... they were total chick magnets and into who-knows-what kind of stuff that summer.  Only the two of them really know EVERYTHING that went on. :)  But Christian is the same age... it's hard to wrap my head around that thought.  Christian is learning to drive up in Colorado and will finish up the lessons when he comes back home, so by Christmas, he should have his license and be off on his own... wow.

Jack is doing well and he's actually off on his way to Colorado... in fact, he should be there by now since he left yesterday and was taking two days to make the trip.  He's going to spend some time with Sharon and Steven, hanging around in cooler temps and taking a short trip to Yellowstone.

We're going to try to make a trip out to San Diego at the end of September so we can get in a little beach-time for the year.  We actually haven't been to the beach yet this year, so that will be a perfect time - no tourists! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...the mention of Michael and Eric somehow gave me a little shutter. Hang in there mom. Can't wait to see you all in September. In the meantime, enjoy your summer. Love, Aunt Dottie

    ReplyDelete