Sad day today... and yet it started out so positive and energetic. Figures. The doctor called and I got the official diagnosis... Celiac. I have to be on a strict gluten-free diet for the rest of my life. Put a number to that and we're talking decades to miss out on good beer, yeast breads that don't taste like sawdust or weigh a half ton. For the last month I've enjoyed great beer, hot dogs, croissants, real french toast, bread, pie, sandwiches, pizza, pasta... you name it. I indulged in the "see-food" diet: I saw it and I ate it. Yum!
So for tonight, I'm going to truly enjoy my last two Octoberfest beers and try not to calculate in my head what it will cost financially to make our household a strict gluten-free home. Not to mention all of the food I just bought that I can no longer eat. I think I'll ask my brother-in-law if I can get a family discount on a case of GF products!
I think I'll go sulk and drink my beer... maybe have a bowl of cereal... my last gluten for the rest of my life... maybe I should make it count... better get a donut!
I'm sorry about the food "sentence" but I have a cubboard full off gluten-free cereal I recall you introducing me to: Chex. They're the best. I love this stuff! Enjoy your wallowing. I'm pretty sure the Jeannie I know and love will turn this life change into something amazing and powerful. Love, Aunt Dottie
ReplyDelete