So last month it was discovered that I had Celiac, thus leading to the epiphany that certain symptoms I'd been experiencing through my life, most especially since my mid-thirties, were a result of Celiac and I had to wonder what would have happened had I made this discovery then. Then a couple of weeks ago it was discovered that my stupid, useless and painful reproductive organs were a mired mess of adhesions, endometriosis and the doctor literally pointing to a picture taken with a laparscopic camera that "I don't know what THAT is but we'll probably remove it." Leading to another epiphany - no freaking wonder I had periods that felt like my insides were being twisted in knots and pulled inside out! Again, though, leaving me to wonder what would have happened if I had made this discovery sooner. Guess we'll never know what would have happened, but I do know what is going to happen now. HYSTERECTOMY!!!!!! Bring. It. On. Now.
So October 28th is the big day leading to wonderful freedoms from pain and torment. Along with a gluten-free diet, I should really be on the road to recovery and healthy living. I am sooooooooooo ready.
This past weekend we also did a family vacation in San Diego. San Diego never changes... we stayed at the beach, enjoyed the wonderful ocean air, walked the beach and... endured the family factor that comes with family vacations. Which lead to a little discovery but a major epiphany. I discovered that it's no one single person or thing that defines that family factor but as a whole it creates major stress for me. There has been at least one family member at almost all of my vacations, or they've been trips to visit family, and .... here's the epiphany... there has always been some measure of stress for me. I also discovered that very few of my friends and other people I've talked to actually do family vacations... for the same reason: stress. They all looked at me like I was crazy and wondered why I did it so often. I had no real reason other than it seemed like the right thing to do. We were going to San Diego and it's where my family lives so why wouldn't my mom go with us and we visit with family, right? But given the epiphany resulting from my weekend in San Diego, I've decided that the next vacation... maybe next two vacations... need to be family free. It's nothing personal about any of my family because they know I love them dearly and as I said, it's not one person or situation, it's my own personal reaction to these situations. But the next vacation Donald and I (and maybe Christian) take will be just us. We may go somewhere family wants to visit, but Donald has instructions to help me resist the urge to invite family and make it a wonderful family vacation. Discovery/Epiphany: wonderful family vacation is code for "it's a drinking vacation."
Today is also our 3rd wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary, Sweetie. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment